Established in New York in 1850, the American Express Company was among the first and most successful express-delivery businesses in the rapid westward expansion of the United States, serving as a lifeline to the growing nation. It quickly earned a reputation as the best in the fledgling industry.
Commonly known as AMEX, the world leader in money correspondence has expanded even further by landing on South African shores in 2017, partnering with Nedbank to give elite customers the world renowned American Express experience by bringing a new black card to the market.
A contingent of VIP guests were chauffeured for an exclusive wine experience under the stars and streetlights of Johannesburg on 13 September 2017. The media engaged with winemakers is a fun and extraordinary way; teaming up with South Africa’s favourite celebrities to search for clues inside the iconic city venue, the Turbine Hall.
American Express has never been more competitive than it is today. While it is a global leader in providing charge and credit cards to consumers, small businesses and corporations, it is also the world’s largest travel agency, offering travel and related consulting services to individuals and corporations around the world.
- In both Johannesburg and Cape Town there was a 100% attendance from the media.
- The Johannesburg media were highly impressed by the chauffeur service offered by Amex.
- The media were highly engaged in the quiz competition and commended Amex on a great wine tasting event.
- Media coverage includes top tier media houses that is the Sowetan and the City Press.
- TV presenter Bonnie Mbuli was a fantastic programme director for the Cape Town Amex event. She engaged with the media and the VIP guest by encouraging all to post on their social media pages with the hashtag #AmexExperience. Mbuli, also posted on her personal social media page and received a total of 6 379 likes on Instagram.
- All media and VIP guests received a bottle of wine as a goodie bag.
AMEX plans to further elevate its experience and engagement with clients.
A series of exclusive artisanal experiences within premium dining, fashion and entertainment retail spaces on the night of the launch. First Thursday in November will be one of the first warm night events of the year – Sandton, Parkhurst and CBD will be packed with restaurant goers, social media influencers and art lovers.
This is a unique opportunity to demonstrate coverage and our positioning to unlock enriching experiences for cardmembers
Total AVE: R105 954. 30
Total PR Value: R317 862. 90